Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tudor Times Layout

My first layout of 2018! I have never been very good at heritage type pages, so all these historical photos from Hampton Court are challenging for me to scrapbook. However, on this layout I knew I wanted to create a look rather like portraits hanging on wall paper, and I think I succeeded. Covering up a large portion of the patterned papers helped tone down the look, and I sponged the edges of all the cardstock in Chocolate ink so it didn't look so new and pristine. I had a lot of journaling to include, so I printed it out on the computer rather than having to write it all by hand.
For those interested in history, the portrait on the top left is Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, the one on the right is Francis I of France, and the small oval portrait is of Anne of Cleves, Henry VII's fourth wife. Facing this page in my scrapbook will be a pocket page with pictures of other portraits we saw, so I included them in this post.

Margaret Beaumont, Henry VIII's grandmother
Henry VII
Elizabeth of York, Henry VIII's mother
Henry VIII
Edward I, Henry VIII's son
Portrait of a Man in Red. His identity is unknown, but this picture is unusual because men of the time were seldom painted wearing all red. Black was a more typical choice.
Recipe:
That's Amore Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Chocolate & Blush cardstock
Vellum
Chocolate ink
Chocolate brads
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: flourish, decorative photo mat

No comments: